Department: Tax, Trusts, Wills & Probate
PQE: 3 years+ PQE solicitor (or CILEX) with private client experience
Proven experience in advising clients on lifetime issues; Wills, Powers of Attorney, inheritance tax, family asset succession and protection
- Experience of dealing with business structure (partnerships, LLPs, companies)
- Court of Protection experience
- Knowledge of trusts/trust administration (including related compliance issues)
- Wider tax knowledge
- Probate administration experience
- STEP & CTA qualified or part-qualified
Knowledge and skills
You must be able to:
- Manage own caseload
- Manage own financial housekeeping
- Conduct meetings with clients both face to face and remotely
- Assess legal issues and advise accordingly / conduct legal research / advise on costs and scope of work
- Draft documents and letters of advice
- Keep up to date with law and practice
- Have excellent communication and team skills
Greene & Greene has been providing legal services from offices in Bury St Edmunds since 1893. The firm offers a broad range of legal advice to individuals and companies in respect of a large range of legal services both nationally and internationally.
We are consistently ranked highly for providing an excellent client service in both Legal 500 and Chambers legal directories. We pride ourselves on being a firm that provides practical advice from expert legal professionals, working in partnership with our clients to become their legal provider of choice. Our aim is to ensure our clients get to where they want to be in the most straightforward manner.
Our Private Client team has a wide range of skills and expertise. The team is made up of qualified Solicitors, Chartered Tax Advisors, Trust and Estate Practitioners and Tax Technicians. The team provides a full and comprehensive legal service and have a number of long-standing lawyers who have acted for many families for decades, across the generations. The Legal 500 describes the Private Client team as “first-class, always accessible, quick and efficient”.
Greene & Greene is committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive working environment. We recruit based on suitability for the role, experience, and qualifications (where applicable). We welcome applications from everyone regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, socio-economic background, pregnancy or maternity status or sexual orientation.
As well as offering very competitive salaries and providing a supportive working environment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working
- Personal pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Support and funding for further professional qualifications
- Employee assistance programme
- In-house health & wellbeing sessions
- Car parking