Training staff on data protection is a key requirement; and it assists an organisation to demonstrate compliance with the accountability principle (under UK GDPR). This course will provide managers with an understanding of the data protection principles and the practical skills to deal with data protection issues in the workplace, with a focus on staff data.
The workshop will give delegates the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the data protection principles (including the lawful basis for processing data, data minimisation, security etc.);
- recognise personal data and special category data;
- identify and understand the key requirements of a data subject access request (DSAR);
- identify and take appropriate action upon a data breach;
- awareness of when to carry out a Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA);
- understand the risk of getting it wrong and possible enforcement action; and
- practice good housekeeping skills.
The session is suitable for all levels of management with responsibility over staff. The training consists of two hours online presentation and group discussions. We aim to keep our sessions relaxed and informal so that delegates feel comfortable sharing experiences and asking questions throughout. Please contact us for further details including costs.