PQE: NQ – 6 years
- Assisting more senior associates and partners with their cases, as well as running their own matters under supervision
- Delivering high quality, commercial advice to businesses and individuals
- Dealing with a mixed caseload of contentious and non-contentious employment work
- Reviewing and drafting employment contracts, service agreements, settlement agreements and policies and procedures
- Assisting on Employment Tribunal cases – including drafting ET1s, ET3s, List of Issues and correspondence with the Employment Tribunal
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- A strong academic record, with a minimum requirement of a 2:1 degree classification
- Providing support on corporate transactions, including TUPE
- Advising on and enforcing post-termination restrictions
- Advising firms/individuals from multiple sectors
- Business development experience including networking
- Presenting skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
You must be able to:
- Manage own caseload and assist others in the Employment team
- Manage own financial housekeeping
- Conduct meetings with clients both face to face and remotely
- Assess legal issues and advise accordingly / conduct legal research / advise on costs and scope of work
- Draft documents and letters of advice
- Keep up to date with law and practice
- Have excellent communication and team skills
Greene & Greene has been providing legal services from offices in Bury St Edmunds since 1893. The firm offers a broad range of legal advice to individuals and companies in respect of a large range of legal services both nationally and internationally.
We are consistently ranked highly for providing excellent client service in both Legal 500 and Chambers legal directories. We pride ourselves on being a firm that provides practical advice from expert legal professionals, working in partnership with our clients to become their legal provider of choice. Our aim is to ensure our clients get to where they want to be in the most straightforward manner.
Our Employment team carry out a really high calibre of work and have been credited with being one of the best in the region. In the Legal 500 (UK) 2023 legal directory, our clients commented that we provide ‘..a level of service that you would expect from a top London firm‘.
Working with both companies and individuals, the team act on a vast range of matters locally and nationally. We pride ourselves on building strong relationships which then enables us to deliver tailored, accurate and pragmatic advice. We believe that this is a unique and outstanding opportunity for an Employment Solicitor to join a leading and supportive team based in the heart of Suffolk.
Find out more about the team on our website.
Greene & Greene is committed to nurturing a diverse, equal and inclusive working environment. We recruit based on suitability for the role, experience, and qualifications (where applicable). We welcome applications from everyone regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, socio-economic background, pregnancy, maternity status or sexual orientation.
As well as offering very competitive salaries and providing a supportive working environment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working
- Personal pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Support and funding for further professional qualifications
- Employee assistance programme
- In-house health & wellbeing sessions
- Car parking